About Me

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sporradic Updates

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

School has started again, and I've been so busy that I almost forgot about this blog. In the past few weeks, I've discovered that some days I have less energy than others, like any normal person, but with perhaps somewhat lower lows. It's hard to predict when it will happen, and it's hard to learn to "budget energy" as they say in the MS circle, but so far I am doing well in school.

Next week I will start the three-times-a-week injection therapy that some of you have heard about. I will learn how to do it myself and continue this treatment in the long run as a preventative measure. In most MS patients, this sort of treatment makes the symptoms less frequent and less severe. So that's exciting!

But I'm not a huge fan of needles. My strategy thus far in life has progressed from kicking and screaming to looking the other way and not thinking about it, but it looks like I'm going to have to man up a little and stab myself til I don't mind it anymore. That, or get really friendly with a nurse.

As always, hit me up with questions or comments. Your prayers on my behalf are always appreciated.

-livingston

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad that you posted something. I had some missionaries ask about you today and I had to tell them you hadn't posted anything for awhile. I can now give them an update. I'm really interested in your posts on facebook that invite to the "open mic night". It would be fun to know just what happens at those.

    Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope to see you in late March or early April after we get home. We have a grandson getting baptized around then.

    Our love to you. Good luck with the needles.
    Elder and Sister Mautz

    ReplyDelete